Saturday 20 February 2016

Pitta Pizza


Quick, easy, very cheap and extremely tasty; I think I almost prefer these to proper pizzas!

Take one pitta bread (I used wholemeal), spread with tomato puree and top with whatever you fancy. I added a pinch of mixed herbs, a sprinkling of grated cheese, sliced onions, half a tomato and a few tiny bits of frozen mixed peppers.

I was hungry and in a rush so I forgot to weigh the cheese so couldn't work out exactly what it cost but I'm guessing around 30p altogether. The pitta bread cost just 8p but could be less if using a value range.

It was a surprisingly filling snack and certainly satisfied the 'junk' food craving I had, but served with salad would make a perfectly good meal and as long as you don't go overboard on the topping, pretty healthy too. I'll definitely be making these again.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!
    Glad you are blogging again. I like the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pesto sauce makes a tasty substitute for tomato puree. A jar lasts for ages if you cover the remains with a layer of olive oil.

    ReplyDelete